Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Not bionic parts.....

After having suffered enough, i finally went to see my family doctor about the pain i was experiencing while walking. The good news was that nothing was broken though i was disappointed to hear that once again bionic parts were not going to be offered to me. (They said no when i broke my leg and again for the flexor tendon issue in my finger)
I was, instead, referred to Melissa Bendo [B.Kin, Ped (C)]. She did some manipulation of my foot,
snapped some photos and took video of my gimpy walk. After a detailed explanation of my issue (dropped metatarsals) she whipped out a pretty foam mold.
As you can see, my left foot impression lacks support. Melissa was knowledgeable and makes the orthodics herself so any adjustments can be made in a timely fashion----and i get them tomorrow!! I truly cannot wait to be able to walk again and begin my running regiment!


Later Days!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Tushar said...

Hey!

Love your blog! I came across this awesome campaign from Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of Canada called 'Can't Wait? Don't Wait!' that you may be interested in posting on your website!

Did you know 1 in 160 Canadians has Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis and Can’t Wait for a cure? Let’s not wait! Buy a Star at M&M Meat Shops until May 8 to fund cure-directed inflammatory bowel disease research. here is the link to their facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Crohns-and-Colitis-Foundation-of-Canada/181701075182303


Spread the word!


Thanks,

Tushar

Thursday, April 14, 2011 2:35:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • What's Wannietta Knitting Today?