Sunday, July 16, 2006

Cuz Day at Ross's



It was Cuz day. Tyler, the girls and I were able to spend the better part of a great day hanging out with my cousins. Not just because they're family but because no matter how far apart we are geographically or how many months go by before we meet, there is always hearty laughter, comforting hugs and the knowledge that the people that know me the best are still there - reminding each other of where we have been and looking forward to seeing where we go next.
Dennis brought a video recorded 15 years ago at Ross's. We all gathered around, amazed I think at how much we've changed, how much we've grown - not just older, but closer - and how much we have gained, though we hold memories of our losses.

Chantal was able to see her favorite cousin and will have a new bike memory to hold on to. Even though she doesn't really remember the ride, she loves this picture from 2000. Ben took her for her very first bike ride. Ben has grown up to be a truly wonderful young man who Chantal almost worships.

I had a fantastic day, shared moments that I will remember forever with friends that I will grow old with - and they just happen to be family. It just can't happen again soon enough.
Later Days!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

That came and went way faster than I could keep up with! I'm sorry I missed it - maybe next year.

Sunday, July 16, 2006 8:46:00 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home

  • What's Wannietta Knitting Today?